Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is recruiting for Grant Selection Committee Member
In June of 2021, the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence (ACESDV) entered into a contract with Maricopa County, AZ to be the administrator of the Maricopa County Domestic Violence Reduction Program Grant Funds. We refer to these funds as the MARPA Covid 19 Grant Funds. Grant Funds are for Domestic and Sexual Violence Services within Maricopa County, AZ.
ACESDV is recruiting volunteers to serve as Grant Selection Committee members to participate in the grant application process.
ACESDV is engaging in Participatory Grantmaking to ensure that the Grant Selection Committee is diverse and inclusive to include community members and survivors in the decision process. Participatory Grantmaking is an approach to funding decisions and strategies that emphasizes a ‘nothing about us without us’ approach. It aims to shift power in grant-making decisions from organization staff to communities and those most affected by a social issue.
Traditionally, the grant application review process includes only those who have deep knowledge about an issue and formal credentials; participatory grantmaking expands this definition to include people with lived experience as experts on issues affecting them. Participatory grantmaking sees all participants as grantmakers.
ACESDV is recruiting for five individuals to serve on the Grant Selection Committee and two alternates that will participate in the process but will not make recommendations unless a committee member is unable to fulfill the requirements.
Individuals interested in serving on the Grant Selection Committee will need to submit an application. The application is short, and no resume is required. Once all applications are received, the ACESDV Participatory Grant Making Committee will review all applications and make selections based on eligibility. All applicants will receive an email notification letting them know if they were selected. Those that are selected will receive an invitation to orientation training.
Potential Grant Selection Committee Members should be individuals who identify as survivors of sexual and/or domestic violence, community members who have experience working with sexual and/or domestic violence services, or community members who have knowledge of Participatory Grantmaking best practices or grant application review process.
Due to conflict of interest, individuals employed or affiliated with agencies that applied for this grant are not eligible to serve on the Grant Selection Committee.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Attention to Details: Grant Review Committee members are expected to review and evaluate each application thoroughly and follow the criteria provided during the orientation training
- Have Availability – All Grant Selection Committee members are required to attend the orientation training, commit to the time needed for individual reviews and committee review meetings.
- Ability to be objective without bias- Grant Selection Committee Members are expected to score grant applications objectively without bias or regard to any prior relationships with the applying agencies, its employees, agents, or representatives.
- Able to maintain confidentiality- Each member of the Grant Selection Committee will be charged with the responsibility of protecting the applications and guaranteeing non-disclosure of any information or materials contained in the applications before, during, and after the grant application selection process — including their deliberations or recommendations to anyone outside of ACESDV and Grant Selection Committee.
- The Grants Selection Committee will review all application materials, including narratives, proposed budget, support materials, and applicants’ data. They will evaluate individual applications, score each application; present scores and comments then discuss applications at committee meeting (s).
- Grant Selection Committee members are expected to evaluate grant applications following criteria outlined by Maricopa County and convey their analysis of an application clearly and accurately when completing their individual scoring forms and preparing for the consensus discussions.
- All committee members will receive all grant applications and scoring sheets electronically to review unless otherwise requested.
- Grant Selection Committee members will be required to participate in virtual workgroups, where all committee members can post questions for discussion and/or clarification. Monitored by ACESDV Program Administrator-Grants.
- Once individual reviews are complete. The committee will meet to review/ discuss and complete the final scoring. The committee should never meet without an ACESDV staff member and meeting recorder present.
- Committee will submit written recommendations to ACEDSV’s Program Administrator-Grants
- ACESDV will submit Grant Selection Committee’s recommendations to Maricopa County
- This is a non-paying, volunteer position. The Grant Selection Committee will determine the timeframe needed to complete all application selections. (i.e., 15 hours for two weeks. or fewer hours per week over a month). Please note: This is based on the community’s feedback during the Open Forum Survey.
- Volunteers will receive a Letter of Volunteer Hours.
If you are interested in serving on the ACESDV Grant Selection Committee, please click the link and complete the application.
- Application for the ACESDV Grant Selection Committee
- Application is due by February 23rd, 2022
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact:
Tammy Ashcraft- Grants Administrator at email@example.com
ACESDV thanks you for your time and support and deeply appreciate your participation in this process.