Arizona Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline Internship
The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking a Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline intern. The internship is part time, 20 hours per week (or increased around specific events). Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in gaining experience in nonprofit direct client services, as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible within the business hours of the Coalition, Monday – Friday, 8:30a-5pm.
About Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides:
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- Sexual and Domestic Violence Services Helpline and information for victims, family, and concerned individuals
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
Responsibilities may include providing phone and web-based advocacy services to victims/survivors of sexual and domestic violence, concerned family members, etc. that contact ACESDV for assistance, monitoring and answering department emails, responding to Technical assistance calls, locating and providing resources and information for referral, accurately entering call data into and maintaining phone log databases, creating, updating, and maintaining resource databases, files and lists and maintaining confidentiality. Other duties as assigned may include tabling at events across the state. An ideal candidate must have great organization skills and interpersonal people skills. The Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline Intern upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. ACESDV is located in downtown Phoenix, but this internship may require some travel within Maricopa County. Mileage reimbursement for travel is available.
If interested please click the “apply for job” button below to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Fall internships will be from August-December and applications submitted before August 1st will be prioritized
- Spring internships will be from January-May and applications submitted before January 1st will be prioritized
- Summer internships will be from May-July and applications submitted before May 1st will be prioritized
To apply for this job please visit acesdv.coalitionmanager.org.