Sexual Violence Response Department Internship
The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking a Sexual Violence Response Department Intern. The internship is part time 15-20 hours per week. Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in gaining experience in state level sexual violence systems change, as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible with scheduling. The internship will run on a rolling basis and will accommodate semester-long or summer internships.
About Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides:
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- Sexual and Domestic Violence Services Helpline and information for victims, family, and concerned individuals
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
An ideal candidate is committed to anti-oppression work including racial, disability, gender, and LGBTQ+ justice. They would also have great organization skills and interpersonal people skills. The SVRD Intern upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. ACESDV is located in downtown Phoenix, but this internship will be remote through at least December 2021.
Internship tasks include:
- Research and development of trainings specific to best practice in sexual assault response and prevention
- Develop and update sexual violence related factsheets and materials
- Attend virtual meetings with community partners
- Create contact lists and support with training/meeting preparation
- Assist with outreach and coordination of sexual assault awareness events
- Assist with ACESDV’s Rainbow Collective Committee
- Administrative duties
- All other tasks assigned by the SVRD
If interested please click the “apply for job” button below to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Fall internships will run from August-December and applications submitted before August 1st will be prioritized
- Spring internships will run from January-May and applications submitted before January 1st will be prioritized
- Summer internships will run from May-July and applications submitted before May 1st will be prioritized
To apply for this job please visit acesdv.coalitionmanager.org.