Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
Arizona Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline Internship
The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking a Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline intern. This volunteer internship is part time, 20 hours per week (or increased around specific events). Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in gaining experience in nonprofit direct client services, as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible within the business hours of the Coalition, Monday – Friday, 8:30a-5pm.
About Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is to end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides:
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- Sexual and Domestic Violence Services Helpline and information for victims, family, and concerned individuals
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
The internship will be 15-20 hours per week working with the Helpline Department. An ideal candidate must have great organizational and interpersonal skills. The Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline Intern upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. ACESDV is in midtown Phoenix, and this internship can be completed remotely. There may be some required travel to pick or return a company laptop or participation in a Helpline outreach project. Mileage reimbursement for travel is available.
Internship tasks include:
- Providing phone and web-based advocacy services to victims/survivors of sexual and domestic violence, concerned family members, etc. that contact ACESDV for assistance
- Monitoring and answering department emails
- Responding to Technical Assistance calls, locating and providing resources and information for referral
- Accurately entering call data into the databases
- Creating, updating, and maintaining resource databases, files and lists
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned may include tabling at events across the state.
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter no later than December 7, 2023 to: Erica Lyons, HR Manager, at: Erica@acesdv.org
To apply for this job email your details to Erica@acesdv.org