The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking an event planning/nonprofit intern. The internship is part time 15-20 hours per week (or increased around specific events). Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in gaining experience in nonprofit event planning and fundraising, community engagement and outreach as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible with scheduling. The internship will require onsite support at our fundraising events such as the Thrive Gala and Moving to End Violence virtual awareness run/walk.
Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides:
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- Direct service through the Arizona Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline
- Support to sexual and domestic survivors
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
The internship will will be 15-20 hours per week (increased hours nearing the Gala) working with the Engagement department of ACESDV primarily on their large fundraising event, the Thrive Gala held in May which includes a 400+ guest list, awards ceremony, seated dinner, live entertainment and various raffles and silent auction items. Additional activities include helping coordinate or assist in other outreach, awareness, and fundraising events throughout the year such as Moving to End Violence, and a virtual run/walk event. An ideal candidate must have great attention to detail, organization skills and interpersonal people skills. The Event Planning/Community Engagement Interns upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. ACESDV headquarters are located in downtown Phoenix, but this internship may be primarily remote with some travel within Maricopa County. Mileage reimbursement for travel is available.
Internship tasks include:
•Preparation for the annual Thrive Gala
•Lead the raffle and silent auction collection process including solicitation of donations, collection, follow up, etc.
•Planning of fundraising activities, and outreach/awareness events
•On-site assistance at fundraising and outreach/awareness events
•All other tasks assigned by the Engagement Team
If interested please click the “apply for job” button below to submit a resume and cover letter.
- Fall internships will be from August-December and applications submitted before August 1st will be prioritized
- Spring internships will be from January-May and applications submitted before January 1st will be prioritized
- Summer internships will be from May-July and applications submitted before May 1st will be prioritized
To apply for this job please visit acesdv.coalitionmanager.org.