Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
Event Planning/Community Engagement Internship
The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking an Event Planning/Community Engagement Intern. This volunteer internship is part time 15-20 hours per week (or increased around specific events). Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in gaining experience in nonprofit event planning, fundraising and community engagement, as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible with scheduling.
About Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- The Arizona Sexual and Domestic Violence Helpline and information for victims, family, and concerned individuals
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
The internship will be 15-20 hours per week working with the Manager of Communication and Engagement of ACESDV. The Event Planning/Community Engagement Intern upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. Activities include helping coordinate or assist in small fundraising events along with other tasks to support the agency as well as engagement department throughout the fall. An ideal candidate must have great organization skills and interpersonal people skills. ACESDV is located in downtown Phoenix, but this internship may be partly remote. Mileage reimbursement for travel is available.
Internship tasks include:
- Lead solicitation of donations and sponsorships, follow up, etc.
- planning of event activities
- Planning of fundraising activities
- On-site assistance to the Manager of Communications and Engagement
- All other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Communications and Engagement
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter no later than December 7, 2023 to: Erica Lyons, HR Manager, at: Erica@acesdv.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Erica@acesdv.org