Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is seeking an administrative/nonprofit intern. The volunteer internship is part time 15-20 hours per week (or increased around specific administrative deadlines). Details for duties and tasks are listed below. This is a great opportunity for any student interested in gaining experience in nonprofit administration, as well as gaining an overall perspective for working in the non-profit sector. Hours are flexible with scheduling.
About Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence
The mission of the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence is to end sexual and domestic violence in Arizona by dismantling oppression and promoting equity among all people. ACESDV is based in Arizona and has significant, statewide presence. We are a non-governmental, non-profit membership organization that works with more than 170 formal members and allies to carry out our mission and objectives.
The ACESDV provides:
- Public awareness about sexual and domestic violence
- Education and training about sexual and domestic violence
- Expert consultation and support to advocates and programs
- Sexual and Domestic Violence Services Helpline and information for victims, family, and concerned individuals
- Policy advocacy at the Capitol and to various committees and more
The internship will be 15-20 hours per week working with the Administrative Team of ACESDV primarily on a variety of administrative support functions. An ideal candidate must have great organizational and interpersonal people skills, and experience in non-profit administration. The Administrative Intern upholds the mission, vision, and guiding principles of ACESDV. ACESDV is located in downtown Phoenix, but this internship may require some travel within Maricopa County. Mileage reimbursement for travel is available.
Internship tasks include:
- Upkeep of office space and supply inventory
- Helps prepare bulk mailings
- Data entry into Donor Perfect database
- Prepare and send out thank you letters
- Gather and pack relevant materials for trainings and tabling and events
- Update materials request from and upkeep the front desk handout/resource area
- Attend and participate in staff and department meetings
- Provide support and participate in ACESDV’s events and committees
- All other tasks assigned by the administration team
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter no later than December 7, 2023 to: Erica Lyons, HR Manager, at: Erica@acesdv.org.
To apply for this job email your details to Erica@acesdv.org