Important note: This training is intended for sexual and domestic violence survivors only. It is not appropriate for professionals or family members.
Attendees will receive support and guidance about ways to share experiences as a survivor of sexual and/or domestic violence. The environment will be safe, supportive and inspariuniuniiring. The following will be discussed –
- Preparing and writing your survivor story for your intended audience
- Tips on public speaking
- Identifying personal needs for safety and levels of comfort
- Responding to comments and questions in the public arena
- The impact of sexual and domestic violence in our communities
- The mission and values of ACESDV and the role of the Speakers’ Bureau
Training is free, but registration is required. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Parking information: Please park in 2700 parking garage in any visitor spot and we will validate your ticket.
With questions, please contact: email@example.com