- This event has passed.
Speakers Bureau Training
February 10 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
FREE Speakers Bureau Training
This training is open to the public. Attendees will receive support and guidance from current SB members about ways to share experiences as a survivor of sexual and/or domestic violence in an empowering and inspiring way. The training will cover:
- The mission and values of ACESDV and role of the Speakers Bureau
- The community impact of sexual and domestic violence in our communities
- Responding to comments and questions in the public arena
- Preparing and writing your story for your intended audience
- Identifying personal needs for safety and level of comfort
- Tips on public speaking
(Parking for the 2800 garage will be validated. Enter 2800 tour and take first elevator on the right down to the Basement).
Lunch will be provided.