- This event has passed.
Helping Consumers Understand Health Insurance
September 25, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Who should attend? Promotoras, community health workers, benefits navigators or counselors, social workers, faith-based community resource specialists and others who help low and moderate income consumers connect to public benefits or resources.
This seminar is NOT intended for experienced Marketplace Navigators or other enrollment Assisters, but may be helpful for new Assisters.
- Basics of Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare)
- Different Types of Low or No-Cost Insurance Available
- Helping Consumers Understand Why Health Insurance is Important
- Basic Health Insurance Terms
- Helping Consumers Understand Insurance
- How to Connect Consumers to Enrollment Assisters
Lunch is included. Cost to attend: $35
RSVP to Debbie Sale at Debbie.Sale@slhi.org