The Graham-Cassidy-Heller bill was introduced to the U.S. Senate on Monday in yet another attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
This proposed legislation:
- Ends Medicaid expansion, stripping coverage from 11 million low-income Americans
- Turns federal funding for Medicaid expansion and the subsidies into a block grant program only through 2026
- Cuts coverage for low-income seniors, children, and people with disabilities by 7% by 2026
- Ends Federal protections on pre-existing conditions, lifetime limits, and coverage for essential benefits, allowing carriers to charge more based on medical history
- Raises the costs of premiums by an estimated 20% by 2018
- Costs Arizona $1.6 billion by 2026
While the Senate has so far been unsuccessful in passing a repeal of the ACA, the pressure is on to pass this measure. The Senate only needs 50 votes by September 30th before they lose their ability to pass it by party-line vote.
We know you have made a lot of calls to protect the ACA and your efforts have been an incredible success. We have stopped every other attempt to repeal the ACA. Keep up the momentum and tell Senators Flake and McCain to vote NO on the Graham-Cassidy-Heller bill.
Click here to contact Senator Flake and Senator McCain via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
Or call them directly at:
Senator Flake: (202) 224-4521
Senator McCain: (202) 224-2235