ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
Join the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence (ACESDV) and the Arizona Coalition for Victim Services (ACVS) as we come together to refocus the lens in our approach to sexual and domestic violence, and examine innovative strategies from a multidisciplinary perspective. This 2016 biennial conference“Reframing Our Movement: Unifying Our Approach and Response to Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Victims of Crime” will build on over 30 years of service to victims and survivors of crime.
This conference is for sexual assault, domestic violence and other victim service providers, law enforcement, military personnel, prosecutors, faith community leaders, anti-human trafficking responders and service providers family support providers, forensic nurse examiners, family and child advocacy center staff, child welfare staff, and health care professionals. Conference tracks will include: Sexual Assault Response, Domestic Violence, Victim Services, Prevention and Social Change, and Strengthening Organizational Leadership; Workshops will promote best practices, cutting edge approaches, and unique models for collaboration among various disciplines.
- ACESDV and ACVS are seeking innovative workshops in the following tracks:
- Sexual Assault Response
- Domestic Violence
- Victim Services
- Prevention and Social Change
- Strengthening Organizational Leadership
Workshop proposals should be advanced topic areas, trauma informed, and include culturally competent approaches. Workshops should promote innovative techniques, cutting edge approaches, and support best practices.
- Innovative best practices
- Identifies and addresses current and emerging issues
- Supports critical conversations to advance work to address and/or prevent sexual or domestic violence
- Improves the approach and response to victims of crimes
- Improves collaboration among disciplines
- Promotes effective prevention and risk reduction.
- Learning objectives are clear
All workshop presentations will be 90 minutes in length.
To submit a proposal for the 2016 Conference, please complete and send the form along with the following attachments to Connie Chapman at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals are DUE May 6th, 2016